- Read Paul Graham’s The List of N Things, because many of the submissions are like wannabe magazine submissions: “Seven Ways to Beat Fat Now!!!!” (The number seven occurs disproportionately).
- The world of tools goes beyond social media and online. For example, one of the most useful tools a nonprofit can use to manage grant writing and other assignments is a whiteboard. Since I’m dating a med student, I’ve discovered that whiteboards are often used in emergency rooms to track patients because anyone walking by them can see at a glance who is where and any patients they’re responsible for.
- If you’re going to write a worthwhile blog, bring expertise to the table.
Now, on to the carnival:
- Gayle L. Gifford writes about how to get Nonprofit data at your fingertips.
- Also on the data front, see Easy Ways to Boost Your Nonprofit Marketing Impact with Google Analytics.
- Elize’s Golden Rules.
- Some elegant and cheap social media tools.
- Creative communications tools that aren’t being widely used by nonprofits.
- Using WiseEarth.
Thanks to everyone who contributed!